Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wednesday

I went through my notes from yesterday this morning and decided I needed to find a book for a reference. Dear Dodie, a biography of Dodie Smith, 101 Dalmatians and all that. That was the end of my productive day - I couldn't find it! I know precisely what it looks like, I know I haven't lent it to anyone but could I find it? No.
I know my house is messy, over flowing with my books and Llion's computers, but I have been round and round my seven bookcases, even using a torch in the darkest corners all to no avail.
I don't actually need it, not at this precise moment anyway, but you know how it is - I won't be able to rest till I track it down. I'm now trying to persuade myself I'm more likely to find it if I do some long-overdue house work and tidying, but I'm afraid I'm losing that battle too.

2 comments:

Smalley said...

You really must learn to delegate. Get Llion or your dog to sniff out your missing book. My husband Ian finds all my lost things. It's very helpful, except that when he doesn't happen to be there I'm much worse at finding things than I used to be. And my study is in such a mess at the moment I can't find ANYTHING. And I haven't done my tax yet.

PMS said...

Finally remembered I did lend it to someone! The very elderly mother of a friend of mine who is in a nursing home. I've been very neglectful and not visited her lately.
I have done my tax - and got a £300 rebate, go some way to pay my fees.