Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday

I have almost finished writing my cards and the majority can be posted tomorrow. Years ago, when I was young and eager, I would start buying cards in August and choose each one specifically for the recipient, this year I bought some job lots that I didn't even like much. What it is to become old and cynical!
Actually I'm not sure it is that. I come from a religious family but have been a devout atheist for many years. If I were to be truly honest I would send out cards for December 21st, the shortest day, always a day I mark off in my mind, and it was of course a celebration long before Christmas was.
Perhaps I'll do that next year, design and print cards especially, what do you think?

1 comment:

Smalley said...

Good idea - a change from all those snowy scenes with 'Season's Greetings' that we send to atheists. Sounds rather expensive, though. And all those cards with coloured baubles, holly, ivy, tree, food etc. are pagan, aren't they?

We've posted off parcels to 12 relations on Friday as they and we have been too idle to make a present exchanging trip. With that out of the way I'm now avoiding getting on with my round robin so I can get all my cards posted on Monday. Then I must go shopping for presents for the ones who'll be here over Christmas, and for local friends. Last of all come cards for the neighbours that we can post ourselves. I'm so glad nobody brought cards to our last session last week!