Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday

As it's Monday and I have a few things I should do before tomorrow's class I thought I would share with you one of my favourite recipes, cooked it last night and it was super. For those who are not carnivores like me it can be cooked with any meat, Quorn (just for you Brenda if you ever read this), fish or vegetables, I suppose. Not for you just yet Lee!

SPICEY PORK

A little time to prepare but quick to cook therefore ideal if you are entertaining

If pork, well marbled, boneless shoulder chops, but chicken, quorn etc. does equally well if you want to reduce the fat content.

Ingredients

Pork, ‘chop’ size per person or any other meat

Marinade

2 tbls Soy sauce
1tbls Rice vinegar or dry sherry
1 tbls Sesame oil
1 egg
1 dsst spoon corn flour
Chopped garlic to taste
Chopped ginger to taste

Sauce

2 tbls Soy sauce
1 tbls Rice vinegar or dry sherry
1 tbls Sesame oil
Chopped garlic to taste
Chopped ginger to taste
6 tbls Tomato ketchup
1 tbls Worcester sauce
(Sweet chilli sauce optional)

Preparation

Slice meat thinly on the diagonal, long thin pieces
Stir well into Marinade, leave to stand for 20 minutes to 24 hours as convenient
Stir sauce and leave sauce to stand as well

To cook

Heat a little oil in a frying pan or wok, I use a mixture of Olive and Sesame oil
Add well stirred meat, a little at a time, till it is all well browned.
Add sauce, stir in, heat till bubbling and slightly reduced

Serve with noodles or rice.

(Great accuracy isn’t required, adjust flavours to suit taste.)

I should acknowledge the source, Yan Can Cook - American cookery programme

Try it and enjoy!

2 comments:

Smalley said...

Sounds good. I'll try that without the egg, as I never have egg or cheese with meat - too rich for my liver!

PMS said...

But it makes the cornflour stick to the meat - I suppose you could use a little milk instead.